Wednesday, April 29, 2015

U.S. citizen should petition for K-1 Fiancee visa for her same-sex fiancee and bring her to the U.S. to marry


Q: My same-sex fiancée and I want to live in the United States. How can I get her a visa? My partner and I live in Lviv, Ukraine. I am a U.S. citizen. My fiancée and I want to marry, but Ukraine does not allow same-sex marriages. We tried to get her a U.S. tourist visa, but she could not satisfy the U.S. consular officer that she would return to Ukraine. She is 22 years old, college-educated, unmarried, does not own property and has no official employment papers.
Name withheld, Lviv, Ukraine
A: You should bring your partner to the United States on an K-1 Fiancé(e) visa, then marry her in a state that allows same-sex marriages. Then, she can apply for permanent residence.http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/citizenship-now/k-1-fiancee-visa-best-option-same-sex-immigrant-partner-article-1.1459142
Contact Darren Heyman, Immigration attorney Las Vegas, for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive