Friday, September 16, 2016

U.S. Citizenship Can Help You Achieve Your American Dream


“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”


These are the very first words that I utter on the floor of the Virginia House of Delegates at the beginning of each legislative day.

As the first Asian-born immigrant elected to Virginia’s state legislature since it began meeting in 1619, these words have tremendous personal meaning to me.

When I place my right hand over my heart and recite the Pledge of Allegiance, the words penned in 1892 by Francis Bellamy remind me of that day in December 1991 when I became an American citizen by choice.

That day, the Pledge became more than mere words memorized by school children. For me, making a public commitment of loyalty to America also meant that many doors of opportunities opened for me. Read more: http://newamericamedia.org/2016/09/us-citizenship-can-help-you-achieve-your-american-dream.php
Fore more information, please, contact Las Vegas Immigration Attorney Darren Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive